Motherhood comes with responsibilities that need adequate preparation to raise an upright family all around. One of the best ways to make preparations is to consider when to conceive and carry the pregnancy to successful delivery. To make such informed decisions, you need a caregiver’s intervention to help you comprehend the available methods and which ones suit you, such as egg freezing in New York. Egg freezing services in New York are best offered at Innovation Fertility Preservation and IVF, under the leadership of the world’s renowned specialist in fertility preservation and infertility, Kutluk Oktay, M.D., Ph.D. FACOG board certified professor of gynecology and obstetrics.
Dr. Kutluk and his team provide a range of treatment choices other than egg freezing; they offer cutting-edge infertility treatments and many more. To get in touch with this great team’s services, call the office in New York or book an appointment via the online tool today.
Egg Freezing Questions & Answers
What Is Egg Freezing?
Egg freezing or oocyte cryopreservation is a birth control method chosen by women after deciding to delay their motherhood but retain their fertility for relationship status, education, lifestyle, or career.
Oocyte cryopreservation treatment is a proactive procedure of preserving eggs in a practical, secure manner on ice for a prolonged period, years until the appropriately chosen time you decide to implant them back in the womb for pregnancy after thawing and fertilization.
How Is Egg Freezing Important?
Various reasons might cause you to want to egg freeze, they include:
1. In case you need chemotherapy for a cancer condition.
2. In case you have a health condition like sickle cell anemia or an autoimmune problem that might be interfering with their fertility.
3. It is not convenient for you to have a baby but would need some time in the future.
4. In case you are undergoing in vitro fertilization.
5. You feel you have not met your soulmate yet, you are aging 30 years and above.
6. When you discover through medicinal means that your ability to conceive is becoming limited due to a natural decline in your eggs’ quantity and quality.
How Is the Oocyte Cryopreservation Process?
In less than four weeks, there is the stimulation of perpetual multiple productions of mature eggs retrieved from the body.
1. Preparations – Dr. Oktay and his team will conduct an assessment of your fertility levels, medical history, and discuss your family-goals. You will then be equipped with enough knowledge of the entire process from ovarian stimulation, medical administration, and the retrieval process, plus certain general health evaluations.
2. Ovulation – There is a daily medical administration by yourself upon prescription. Adjustments on your medication are considered according to your monitored visits to customize the treatment to an individual’s response highly.
3. Retrieval – Once several eggs are mature and ready, one of the qualified doctors will perform the egg retrieval procedure using ultrasounds. He will draw the eggs from their follicles into the sterile test tubes under sedation. The process is about twenty minutes with an hour of rest in our recovery room.
4. Cryopreservation – Retrieved eggs are assessed in the embryology laboratory, and the mature ones are frozen. When ready to conceive, the eggs are thawed and injected with sperm then carefully placed in the womb.
To heed these special services from our experienced specialists, call the office in New York or book an appointment through the online feature today.