Are you looking for the perfect way to show your employees just how much you appreciate them? Maybe it’s time for your annual holiday office party and you want to do something different? If this is so, you can never go wrong with throwing a themed event such as a casino party. It’s fun, exciting, and typically something everyone can enjoy. If you’re interested in a casino night for your employees, use these tips to throw the event of a lifetime.
Consider Enlisting Help
If your event is going to have a large attendance or you’ve never planned a corporate event, you may want to consider working with a corporate event planning company to get the job done efficiently. Depending on the service provider you choose you can get assistance with everything from event management to entertainment. It can save you a lot of hassle and money and will also enhance your employees’ experiences.
Employee Casino Night Planning Tips
Below are a few things you’ll need to consider when planning a corporate casino night.
- Set a Budget – Before you begin planning anything you want to make sure that you know what you can comfortably afford. This is easily determined by creating a budget. Though you want your employees to have a good time, you don’t want to run into cash flow issues or ruin your credit trying to throw an event. Whether you have a lot of money or just a small amount to work with, there are ways to host a grand casino night.
- Decide on a Venue – One of the first things on the list to consider when planning a casino night for your employees is the venue. This will take up the bulk of your budget and will also need to be booked in advance so, you want to get it out of the way. Select your venue based on your budget, your projected number of attendees, the type of event you’re having, and location (convenient for everyone to get to).
- Select a Menu – If there’s one thing you’ll need for sure at your corporate casino night it’s food and drinks. Think about what you’d like to serve. Food stations are very popular in that guests can serve themselves and they get a kick out of the many themes like Chinese, Mexican, or Italian. If you have the budget for it, you can also consider hiring a catering company to handle this for you. They can help you comprise a menu that is not only tasty but that appeals to the various diets and preferences of your guests.
- Decor – Next you’ll need to decide how you want to decorate the space for your corporate casino night. You can drape the tables in red, green, and black tablecloths. Then place cards, chips, or other gaming pieces on them for an added pop. You might also want to consider special lighting to add to the vibe and ambiance.
- Select Your Games – What’s a casino without games? Now that you know how you’re going to decorate the place, consider the types of games you’ll have available for your guests. You can keep it strictly to card games like blackjack and poker or you can spring for slot machine rentals as well.
- Casino Staff – You’ll need a lot of hands-on deck if your corporate casino night is going to operate smoothly. So, you’ll need to enlist a few waiters, waitresses, bartenders, and dealers.
- Entertainment – Last on the list of things to consider when planning a casino night is entertainment. Beyond having background music, you’ll want to spice things up with some live entertainment just as you might see in a casino in Las Vegas or Atlantic City. You can hire a live band or a specialty performer like a comedian. If your employees have any talents they’d like to share, you can ask them to perform and save a lot of money.
Finding new ways to show your employees how much you appreciate them helps to keep morale up in the workplace. Employee appreciation events and/or holiday parties are some of the most popular methods of giving back to those who work so hard to keep your business alive. Keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and you’ll throw a corporate casino night event that your staff will be talking about all year long.