Fashion, Lifestyle & Parenting Blog

Visiting an Orthopedic Doctor to Get Treatment for Your Musculoskeletal Problem

Any condition or injury that impacts the bones, tendons, muscles, or ligaments necessitates a visit to an orthopedic doctor. If you are suffering from a joint or bone condition, you could be in a lot of pain and discomfort. An Integrity Orthopedics doctor can diagnose and treat any type of musculoskeletal problem. Some orthopedic doctors specialize in spine care, others focus on treating arms and shoulders and some specialize in knee and hip replacement surgeon. You may need to see an orthopedic surgery if you sustain a sports injury, joint pain, overuse injury, and arthritis. 

If you find it hard to use a body part because of pain or stiffness, or you sustained any kind of soft-tissue injury that does not seem to improve, you should see an orthopedist. The doctor can help you feel better and move more efficiently without unnecessary wait times and tests. For a simple orthopedic problem, your doctor may recommend physical therapy. But if you have a more complex issue, you may need a hip and knee replacement. After some kind of trauma, you must visit an orthopedist as soon as possible before your body can create debilitating scar tissue within the injury. 

When to See an Orthopedic Doctor

You may need to visit an orthopedist if you are in any of the following situations:

  • You find it hard to carry out daily activities. It is common for older people to suffer from bone and joint discomfort. However, your condition should not stop you from performing your daily activities. If you find it hard to perform even simple tasks like walking the dog or climbing stairs, you may need to see an orthopedic doctor.
  • You sustain chronic pain. Usually, chronic pain is pain that lasts longer than twelve weeks. Suffering from discomfort for a few days is one thing; however, pain that lasts for weeks or months must be taken seriously. In this case, you must see an orthopedist.
  • You have a limited range of motion. If your joints are feeling tighter over time, you may be suffering from arthritis. You need to visit a licensed specialist, so your condition does not get worse. 
  • You sustained a soft tissue injury. The symptoms of soft tissue injury such as a sprained ankle, busted wrist, or twisted knee should subside within two days with rest, ice therapy, compression, and elevation. Otherwise, you must contact an orthopedist and schedule the earliest appointment with them.