Let’s be honest. As excited as you are to be getting married soon you can’t help but be a bit overwhelmed by all you have to do to prepare. One of the most daunting tasks in the wedding planning process, however, is managing the needs and concerns of your guests. From sharing details about your upcoming nuptials to managing RSVPs, things can get out of hand fairly quickly. That’s why many brides today opt to utilize a wedding website to make things a bit easier.
What’s a Wedding Website?
If you haven’t heard about this very popular trend yet, a creative wedding website is a digital platform used by modern-day couples to share the details of their big day with their guests. These personal websites can provide guests with real-time information on everything from the reception menu to resources for making travel arrangements.
Benefits of Using a Wedding Website
Now that you know a bit more about what a wedding website is, let’s look at some of the advantages of utilizing such a platform for your big day:
- Share Your Love Story – While your closest friends and relatives may be aware of how you two met and why you want to spend the rest of your lives together, not everyone does. With a nicely designed wedding website, you can upload photos and share your love story. This gives others you’ve invited a tiny glimpse inside of your lives together and make your day even more special.
- Get Organized – With all you have going on, anything that can save you a bit of time (and stress) is worth looking into. A wedding website can be an effective tool to help you stay organized. You can do things like send out digital save the dates and invitations, track your RSVPs for a more accurate guest list count, and record pertinent information from guests like travel and dietary needs.
- Provide Additional Details – Though wedding invitations can provide your guests with information like when the wedding is, where it will be held, dress code requirements, and menu options, there’s often a lot more you need to share. From providing directions to the wedding ceremony and reception to suggestions on where to get the best deals on airline tickets or hotel stays, your guests can review this link and get the answers to their questions saving you the hassle of trying to make phone calls or send out emails.
- Make Last-Minute Changes – Though the hope is that everything goes according to plan, sometimes things just happen. Let’s say you were planning an outdoor wedding but you’ve checked the weather forecast and found out that it’s going to be raining. You’ll want to be able to quickly let your guests know what your plan B is. If you happened to be planning a wedding in the spring or summer of 2020, you may need to let your guests know about changes due to the coronavirus. Instead of having to track everyone down, you can update your wedding website and everyone is immediately notified.
- Share Honeymoon Details – Some couples even incorporate their honeymoon plans on their website. They disclose where they’ll be going and even things they plan to do while they’re away. Not only do guests love hearing about the honeymoon, but some may be interested in helping to lighten the financial burden. With the appropriate links, guests can send money or provide gift cards for you to really enjoy yourself on your first trip as a married couple.
- Saves Money – Weddings aren’t cheap. So, if you can find any way to lower the costs, chances are you’d jump at the opportunity. Take for instance, the cost of sending out invitations. Between the cost of invitations, RSVP cards, envelopes, and postage, you could be spending several hundred bucks. With free wedding websites available, this helps cut down cost & store all information in one place.
- A Great Keepsake – While you’ll have things like your wedding photos, videos, dress, and a few decorations that you can stow away to remember your special day, your wedding website is forever yours to cherish and review as often as you’d like.
You already have a lot on your plate with planning a wedding. From selecting the right venue, and hiring the best vendors to finding the right decor and making sure you look fantastic, you’ll be pretty busy. Why add to your frustrations by having to manage all the needs and concerns of your guests? A wedding website, as you can see, can take a huge load off your shoulders while ensuring that everyone you’ve invited is in the know and well taken care of.